Sunday 30 December 2018

Looking Forward to 2019

Hello friends, I do hope you had a good Christmas and that you are having a peaceful end to 2018. I will be having a very quiet end to the year without the usual Hogmanay celebrations as I am on a very strong antibiotic for my tooth which doesn't mix with alcohol at all. So, come the bells I will be toasting the New Year with tea and my favourite chocolate.


I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do in 2019 and the first thing is to try my hardest to post to the blog every Sunday. I have also really enjoyed knitting the socks for Operation Christmas Stocking and the hats for gifts this year so I am going to start filling a box with these sort of things which I will donate to The Salvation Army. These wonderful people looked after my great-uncle many years ago and I have never forgotten their kindness to him.
Another thing I want to do is take my sock knitting out and about to share my county with you. I will try, once a month to get out for coffee and cake and hopefully meet some like-minded folks and who knows I might even convert some doubters to become knitters.

I was asked in a Ravelry group about my knitting around the world and how I came to choose the number of rows I need to knit. I am using World Walking, Around the Globe for this personal challenge. Here is the route I will be taking


And here is how far I am to date, I love how it calculates where you are on the map,


as you can see I have a very, very long way to go. My intention is to use my new row counter to add all the rows I do each week, add them on a Sunday then share my progress with you.

Now at last to actual knitting. Today's cast on will be the 2nd of toe-up Dumbledore's Christmas Stockings using Ripples Crafts Reliable Sock in Early Morning and Drops Fabel in Mustard for the toe and cuff



The first sock is looking so good


I am also making good progress on a pair of commission socks for a friend's daughter. These Fidget Socks are again being knit toe-up as I really do think that is my groove. I honestly seem to knit socks so much quicker doing them this way.


This yarn is Stylecraft, Head over Heels, in the Sugar Loaf colourway. I am just at the point of turning the heel on this sock so I hope to be starting the second one next Sunday.
My Adventurous Wrap has nearly reached the half-way point, sorry no picture, so I have chosen the mini-skeins to go in the second half.

This is such a relaxing knit and a great way to use up mini-skeins or even leftovers from other projects.

I think that is all for now, time to get back to the knitting.

Happy crafting

Mary

Links

World Walking 
Dumbledore's Christmas Stockings
Fidget Socks
Adventurous Wrap
Ripples Crafts
The Sunday Sock Ravelry Group

No comments:

Post a Comment