Wednesday 5 December 2018

Blogmas Day 5

Hello friends, it's a dreich day here so perfect for curling up with my knitting.

Yesterday I played yarn chicken with my advent calendar yarn and lost by a few stitches. I can live with that so will be joining today's yarn on a WS row.
Day 4

Today's yarn is gorgeous and came with a little Santa soap.

I was rummaging around in a cupboard yesterday and discovered these cute snips which I had totally forgotten I had. Being a crazy cat lady I was absolutely delighted that I had found them and have attached them to one of my project bags.


Are you like me, do you sometimes just itch to cast on something new? Yes, I have socks and the advent shawl, but I kept seeing photos on the Ravelry radar of the beautiful ADVENTurer wrap by Ambah O'Brien https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/adventurer-scarf--wrap. This wrap or scarf is written for some of the larger yarn Advent calendars that are out there but I have chosen five yarns from my stash to work together for a wrap in spring colours to remind me over the winter that better things are just around the corner. I am a few days behind but have made a start on colour 2.


Today I will leave you with a picture of my new favourite thing. If you work with yarn you will know the importance of smooth hands. My lovely step-daughter recently gave me these hand creams as a wee gift. I am smitten, sadly we are unable to buy them here in the UK but a lovely friend in Doha has promised me she will bring me some when she comes back for Christmas,

I am a lucky lady.

Happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment