Monday 17 December 2018

Blogmas Day 17

Hello friends, not a lot of knitting to share today as other things have taken up my time. Priority being wrapping the Christmas presents ready for distribution later this week.


We have also been out and about at appointments and I spotted this lovely tree and decorations at the local swimming pool.


I have also been extremely upset at the dishwasher as after nearly 15 years it packed in on Saturday. I now have to sacrifice my EYF savings plan to buy a new one, hopefully by the end of February. It was a strange feeling doing the dishes in the sink after all those years, not to mention that we have no dish drainer and we had to rush out and buy squeezy liquid as our last one was empty.

The only knitting I have done is on the sock



I am now round the heel and 1/3 up the leg. It might get finished tonight if I concentrate just on it.

Now on to something else, what do you all thin of yarn mini skeins? I have become so enamored with them when seeing all the lovely projects on the Ravelry radar. I have been looking on Etsy and there are some glorious ones around, a little secret, I just ordered a Harry Potter themed mystery set from The Yarn Lab UK. I would love to know what you think and who your favourite dyers are so I can check them out.
I have, if I am honest, had a bit of a yarn spending spree over the weekend. I have ordered two mystery boxes for January from Rosies Moments. The first is the sock box, I loved this year's Children in a Sweet Shop Around the World theme and for next year she has chosen landmarks around the world, it will be so exciting to see what comes in the box. The second is a mystery box based on the stories of Beatrix Potter, I have no idea what to expect at all but I am sure it will be fabulous.

I am off now to watch Criminal Minds season 4 and hopefully finish up the sock.

Happy crafting

Mary

Links

The Yarn Lab UK  

Rosie's Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment