Sunday 6 January 2019

Welcome 2019

Hello friends, a very happy new year to you all. I hope this year brings you health, happiness and most of all wonderful yarn.
Last week I was looking at what I want to do this year and this week I want to add my personal challenge. In 2018 I completed my challenge of 45 knits, one for every town or village in East Lothian, this year I am aiming for 50. When completing a project in my Ravelry notebook I like to name it and over the next couple of years, I have decided to name my projects after Burghs in Scotland. There are quite a few of them, many more than I had imagined, as I found out when I stumbled upon a list on Wikipedia. I want to share with you the wonderful country that is Scotland so for each finished project I will link the Wikipedia page about that place.

In other news, I found out on Thursday that my Ravelry and FB friend, Yvonne, is coming from The Netherlands for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March. I am so excited to meet her for the first time and am sure there will be much chat, coffee, and cake consumed.

Now we get to some knitting, not as much to show you as I had hoped as I kept being sidetracked by other things. There is no new sock to share this week, there is however a rather strange little surprise. This little pocket is something I am planning on knitting quite a few of for my Salvation Army box.


Now, if you don't know what it is you may be quite puzzled but believe me it is something very useful. This is just the first of a pair,

TA-DAH


Isn't that just magic, it's a slipper. So easy to knit yet so useful.

I also started my EYF sweater using some yarn I bought there in 2015. I am knitting a version of Miss Rachel's Yoke by Kate Davies.
I have loved this sweater since I saw it on the Hawthorn Cottage Crafts podcast. Now I am not a grey person so I decided to go with a beautiful blue as my main colour.


You may wonder why I have started with the sleeves. I am terrible for knitting just one sleeve and then getting bored and the second sleeve never gets done. I decided to mitigate this by doing the sleeves first this time.

That's all I have for you this week other than to say I knitted 777 rows this last week. I will add up my rows at the end of the month and add them to the ticker and map then, on the first Sunday of the new month I will highlight my progress

Happy crafting

Mary

Links

Slippers
Miss Rachel's Yoke
Hawthorn Cottage Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment