Tuesday 18 December 2018

Blogmas Day 18

Hello friends, can you believe this time next week it will be Christmas Day? Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Today it is all about the sock, or rather the sock yarn. I finished these socks this afternoon and thought I would try my hand at a yarn review.


The yarn I used, and it is one I use frequently, is Drops Fabel. It comes in a wide range of print and solid colours and is available worldwide. One thing that first drew me to this yarn was the price point, around £2.30 for 50g, but subsequently, I have discovered that it is a wonderful workhorse yarn for everyday wear. It is machine washable, I have also tumble dried it, on low, with no unwanted effects. As said it comes in 50g balls, ready to knit from right away, and has a meterage of 205 (274 yards). It is 75% wool and 25% polyamide. It is medium-soft to knit with, softens with washing, and has good stitch definition, so the solid colours are perfect for those patterns where you really need the stitches to shine. I would highly recommend this yarn for beginner sock knitters as it is not a lot of money to lose if you decide not to continue with sock knitting, (although once down that rabbit hole!). Committed sock knitters will like it too as if you are like me sometimes you just want the yarn to do the work.
The colours I used for these socks are Mustard for the toes and cuffs and Blue Sea for the rest. I buy my Drops Fabel from Wool Warehouse who deliver worldwide if you cannot find a local supplier. Try this yarn, I am sure you will love it.

Happy crafting

Mary

Links

Drops Fabel @ WoolWarehouse
The Sunday Sock Ravelry Group

No comments:

Post a Comment