Wednesday 24 February 2016

Review: Notes from a Small Island

Notes from a Small Island Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. Yes it may be a bit dated but hey, it mentions Prestonpans, what's not to love?
The author and in this case narrator takes us on an hilarious journey through England, Wales and finally Scotland visiting places of interest and none and regaling us with his take on what he finds. I found myself laughing out loud at his descriptions of some of the establishments he stayed in and some of the people he met. At times I could clearly see his bedraggled self lugging his rucksack around and just wishing the rain would stop for even half an hour to give respite.
This type of journey is one I would gladly undertake myself if I had the means but I will make do with listening and following along with the aid of Google Maps.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment