Friday 5 February 2016

Operation Sox Box

I love to knit socks. I didn't used to, I was scared to, but I pushed myself into learning 4 years ago and I have never looked back since. The amount of beautiful sock yarn out there is just one reason I got hooked, the other reason is that socks are the perfect portable project. They can be popped in any bag and you can whip them out anywhere and knit a few rounds. I always have some socks on my needles.
Today I realised that my socks need a special place to live and I need many more pairs to choose from. Operation sox box was born.
I have a lovely box which would make just the perfect home for my socks
and my plan is to gradually fill it with colourful socks.
The first pair is already making themselves at home.

I am about half way through my third pair of socks this year and I have a wild plan to start knitting a new sock every Sunday to fit in with one of my Ravelry group's "Start Something Sunday" thread. If I can manage to keep this up then I will beat last year's 21 pairs of socks and end up with 26 new pairs this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment