Saturday 20 February 2016

Digging out Some Deep Stash

Whilst waiting for Sunday to arrive to start the second sock I picked up the beaded shawl that I have been working on for a year. This was going well until a little someone decided that mum's lap was where she was choosing to sleep.
Comfy Abby

A change of strategy was needed as tiny beads, intricate lace and a snoozing kitty are not a good mix.
A browse through Ravelry and I saw something that would make perfect TV and kitty knitting and would keep me occupied. The pattern I saw that took my fancy was Flax by Tin Can Knits. This jumper is a perfect foil to tiny needles for socks and all the mental concentration of the shawl. It is a simple top down, knitted in the round jumper with a little detail on the sleeves. A great pattern for garment beginners or for experienced knitters looking for a relaxing knit. I knew immediately which yarn I would use.

This yarn has been marinading in my stash for about 8 years. I have absolutely no idea what I was going to knit with it when I bought it, yet here it was waiting just as the perfect project came along.
I cast on last night and completed the neck band.

The knitting is continuing smoothly today and I hope to have another photo to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment