Tuesday 2 February 2016

A Day of Deliveries

Today has turned out to be delivery day here at Chez Mary.
First to arrive was some yarn from the USA.. The package from Knit Picks, who at last deliver direct to the UK, had some gorgeous buttery soft sock yarn, Stroll Fingering in the colour Make Believe
and some more Gloss Fingering in Cranberry,
 with which I am going to knit a Hitofude cardigan (Ravelry link) for my cruise next year.

Next to arrive was something I have wanted for ages

a model stand to drape my finished shawls on. I have always struggled to photograph any shawls I have knitted in a way which properly shows their shape and beauty and I am hoping that having this will help.

Finally the big item arrived
our new tumble dryer.
Last November whilst watching the news I heard about a problem with certain tumble dryers which could cause a fire. I duly checked the model we had and lo it was one of the affected types. I put the details into the website and waited to hear back. At the end of January I got an e-mail saying that due to overwhelming demand it would be a while longer before our dryer could have the modification completed but if I wanted I could have a brand new dryer, delivered and installed within a week at a very reduced price with the old one taken away for free. Now our tumble was at least 10 years old and whilst it had given us no problems other than us having to replace the belt once it seemed a no-brainer to get a brand spanking new one. So here it is and a handsome looking machine it is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment