Sunday 1 July 2018

Sunday 1st July

Hello, and Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian readers. Can you believe we are halfway through the year already?
This week we have been having record high temperatures here in Scotland and I must admit knitting has been difficult in the heat and humidity. It has been happening though and I have to admit to being on a real shawl kick just now. I have 3 on the needles and another 2 lined up, so socks have been taking a back seat.
The first two on the needles are Fading Point and Geology which I have shown before and are both paid patterns on Ravelry, the third is a free mystery KAL, https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/oshara-shawl-mystery-kal from designer SusannaIC and is available through the Interweave Blog. The KAL started on June1st, and I was a very late starter on June 25th but I have been sailing along nicely and have almost completed week 2. I am knitting it in Drops Alpaca in the colours, Dark Olive Mix, Lime, Dark Lime and Pink on 3.75mm KnitPro Zing needles.





The two I have lined up are https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-2018-shawl-kal by designer J. L. Fleckenstein which starts today and I have chosen this yarn,


The second is https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/3-color-cashmere-shawl by Joji Locatelli again a paid for pattern which I will do in the following yarn




I look forward to sharing more progress pictures with you soon.

Sadly no-one entered my giveaway last week so I have no winner to share with you. If you would like me to do another giveaway sometime please let me know in the comments and I will try to organize something.
That's all for this week, enjoy the sunshine and happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment