Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday 15th July

Hello everyone, Sunday is here again and I hope you are all well. I am doing a wee bitty better this week but still haven't managed to get out. I have however been travelling around France with my hubby from my sofa as we are avid followers of Le Tour. We love watching the cycling but also seeing the wonderful Chateaux and the sweet little villages and other places that go past.
Last week I left you with the statement that I was off to shine my sink a la FlyLady. I did that and have managed to keep it shiny all week but alas that is as far as it has gone.

Now to knitting, I have so much to share this week that I have decided to go back to short daily posts so as not to bore you senseless.
So here we go. Since today is Sunday, socks it will be.
Today I will be casting on one of the test socks I mentioned last week. I received the pattern about an hour ago and after a quick perusal, I went shopping in my stash. After a rummage, I pulled out this beauty which has been maturing nicely for a few years. It is from the Seasonings Series by The Loopy Ewe and is the colour Mt Tinknomore which was a camp Loopy yarn from 2013. The yarn is 80% Superwash Merino/20% Nylon and was dyed for The Loopy Ewe by Lorna's Laces.


The pattern is a toe-up vanilla sock knitted on 2.5mm needles with an afterthought heel and I thought that this skein with the little mini would be just perfect. Now I have never done an afterthought heel before so this will be an all-new learning curve for me but I am up for the challenge and looking forward to it. So the time has come to find my needles, wind the yarn and make a start.

That's it for today. I will be back tomorrow with something else.

Happy crafting
Mary

Books in my ears.

  1. The Bone Clocks - David Mitchell
  2. Middlemarch - George Elliot
  3. Head Shot - Quintin Jardine
  4. With All My Love - Patricia Scanlan
I listen while I knit and always have a few on the go so I can choose which one I listen to depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment