Sunday 24 June 2018

Summer Staycation Days 11 & 12

Hello, happy Sunday everyone from a very warm and sunny East Lothian.
I'm sorry I missed out on yesterday, life got in the way.

I promised you on Friday that I had a couple of finishes to show you and here they are.



The top one is the Baby Eyelet Cardigan, a free pattern on Ravelry. This was a delightful quick knit which took just about a day for me to complete.
Underneath is DK Entrechat by Lisa Chemery. I cannot recommend this pattern enough if you have any little girls to knit for. Knit all in one piece it took less than a day I have already a 2nd one. nearly finished.

Being Sunday it is time to share sock progress and the new cast on.
First up is last week's sock

This knitted up so quickly and I really have no excuse for not having it's partner also done.

This week's sock will be cast on later this evening.


This is the yarn and pattern which was in my Birthday surprise package. Knowing me I will deviate slightly from the pattern as I will knit it my preferred way of toe-up.

I think this will be my last mini post for a while as holidays are over and I am back to work this coming week. However, I have something special I would like to do to thank you all for putting up with my rambling on.
Earlier this week I received the fabulous Knit Pro Zing needles and I am totally smitten by them, so as I love them so much I would like to give one of you readers the chance to try them yourself.
To be in with a chance of winning 2 sizes of Knit Pro Zing fixed circular needles all you have to do is pop on over to Ravelry, join The Sunday Sock group and tell me in the special thread I will set up what are your favourite sizes of needles to use and what you use them for. The thread will stay open until 12 noon next Sunday, July 1st, and I shall then draw a winner using a random number generator. The winner will be announced on the blog next week and I will contact them through Ravelry.
Good luck everyone.

Have a great week.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment