Sunday 1 July 2018

Mouldy Bread and Warm Bananas

We don't do heat very well in this household. The current heatwave is causing havoc with our fur babies and food supplies. We bought bread yesterday yet when I went to make some toast earlier it was already showing signs of mould appearing, and hubby went to have a banana and threw it down in disgust as it was too warm. We popped out to the local shop and it was just like walking into Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard, the shelves were almost bare. No nice cooling drinks, ice cream or cider to relieve us from the heat. Earlier this week I said on FB that I was glad we have an ice maker built into our freezer and I stand by that wholeheartedly. In fact, I stand by the freezer with the door open on a regular basis.  I also read earlier in the week to freeze water in an empty juice bottle for the pets to lean against to cool down, we have done that and also done ones for ourselves. Ah, the relief when you snuggle up to a freezing plastic bottle. We have our fan going constantly and are so thankful for it.
Now don't get me wrong it is wonderful to see the sun here and it will surely be doing our bodies the world of good replenishing our vitamin D supplies, cheering us up and livening our mood.  It's just being Scottish we are born blue and more used to dealing with howling wind and horizontal rain.
Anyhoo, that's all for now, enjoy the heatwave and I leave you with a picture of me and Jet taken earlier this week at work.


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment