Sunday 7 April 2019

Sunday 7th April

Hello friends, welcome to The Sunday Sock. I do hope you have all had a great week. My week did not go according to plan. Yesterday I had been hoping to go to The St Abbs Wool Festival in Eyemouth but a conspiracy of bad weather, really bad headache and really, really poorly bank account made it an impossibility. Not to worry, I think I have just enough yarn to keep me going for a while.

As it is the first Sunday of the month I have an Around the World update for you.
In March I knitted 1316 rows and have moved along the A2 a little.

 I am now just a few rows short of 10,000 since I started this mammoth journey.

FO's

I have one FO this week. The Minecraft Socks are finished and have been gifted to their recipient.


I have it on good authority that they were well received.

Close up of the pattern.

This free pattern was knitted with RipplesCrafts BFL sock in the Smokey colour, toe-up on a 2.5mm circular needle using magic-loop and a Fleegle Heel.
This finished project, of course, takes us further on our journey round Scottish Burghs. This time to the Aberdeenshire fishing port of  Fraserburgh. This finish also takes me to 9 projects completed so far this year. it also adds £4.64, 1p per yard, to my yarn savings. 
I did have one other finish this week but being the numpty that I am I parcelled it up and posted it off completely forgetting to take a FO picture. I will ask the recipient to do a picture once it has been opened.

Wip's

I have two main wip's this week. One I can share and one I can't. The one I can share is my Good Vibes shawl.

I have finished the main section and am now into the stripes. This is a lovely pattern and not at all boring to work on.

Forward Planning

I have a wee list of things I have to do for gifts and such and now that I am nearly finished the WIP that I can't share yet I went stash diving for my next project. 
This gorgeous skein has been in my stash for many years and was part of The Orkney Collection of skeins dyed by Ripples Crafts. Helen did this collection after she and her hubby visited Orkney for the first time and she was inspired by the colours she saw there.  This particular colour is called St Magnus Cathedral Floor Tiles and is destined to become a Downtown Chicago cowl This will also be gift knitting but I will be able to share progress photos as the giftee, my aunt has no online presence. 

Incomings

Just one wee thing came into my possession this week.


Another gorgeous project bag from Sew Ray Me. As you will know I have quite a number of one skein project bags from Rachael but I needed something bigger for my shawl knitting so I ordered this beauty. It is plenty big enough for a three skein project and is deliciously well made. 

I think that is all for this week. Have a great week everyone

Happy crafting

Mary 


No comments:

Post a Comment