Sunday 14 April 2019

Sunday April 14th

Hello friends, welcome to The Sunday Sock. I hope you have all had a good week. My week has been mixed with a lovely day out to my old work with my friend Robert from Northern Ireland. It was fun to see things through the eyes of a visitor and great to see my old colleagues again. Then came the not so good when a migraine hit and I was floored for almost a full three days.  Knitting was the furthest thing from my mind and I just mostly slept. Also this week hubby and I decided to see what all the fuss is about Game of Thrones. We have never watched it so started at the beginning as luckily we have Sky box sets available to us. Three episodes in and I still don't see the attraction but hubby seems to like it.
Now for some yarn crafts.

FO's

Two things were finished this week. One I can show and one I will have to keep for later. The one I can share takes us to Huntly on our tour of Scottish burghs and is a wee crochet blanket for charity.


This simple granny square was fun and quick to make and I finished it with a round of crab stitch for a neat edging. I used a 4mm (G) hook and Stylecraft Special DK in White and Rico Baby So Soft Print in Candy. The whole blanket used just 1 ball of each yarn.

WIP's

Of these, I have a few. I have another charity blanket on my hook.


This is a granny c2c blanket which I am finding a lot easier and quicker than the usual c2c.
Last week I showed you the yarn I had chosen for the Downtown Chicago cowl and it is now wound and cast on.



Finally this week I have cast on a hat. 


This was because I needed something really simple to work on whilst watching TV. 

A really short round-up this week as I can feel my headache creeping up again. 
Have a good week everyone and hopefully next Sunday I will have a bit more to share.

Happy crafting

Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment