Sunday 21 April 2019

Sunday 21st April

Hello, friends welcome to The Sunday Sock. A very happy Easter to those who celebrate. What a lovely week it has been here in East Lothian with the weather heating up nicely and giving us some nice sunny days. I have been scooting along with a new purpose in my knitting and crochet. I have joined in with the Stash Knit Down Ravelry group's Race to the Bottom challenge in which you give yourself a goal to have gotten through a yarn amount of your choice in the next 18 months. The categories have different yarnie names and amounts ranging from Dryer Lint, (1000 yards) to Yarn Shop, (150.000 yards). I have signed up to attempt Cashmere, (30,000 yards). This amount will make but a small dent in my stash but it is something to aim for and I have set up a ticker in the side-bar to track my progress.
Also, new this week, Lucy of the Attic 24 blog released a new crochet blanket pattern and I was smitten. The Dune blanket uses 15 different colours and is made up of rows of shell stitches. I immediately forgot all the other wip's and trotted off to stash dive and find some suitable yarn. I came up with this palate for a blanket of my own.



FO's

I have finished 2 items this week. First up is this fun wee tea cosy which was a commission from a friend. This item takes us to Oldmeldrum on our trip around Scotland's burghs.
It was so difficult to photograph without a teapot but I'm sure you get the gist.

Secondly, taking us back to the coast of Aberdeenshire, and the fishing port of Peterhead, is this baby blanket for charity.

Both of these projects were quick and easy and satisfied the instant gratification that crafters sometimes crave. 

WIP's

As mentioned earlier I dug out some yarn for the Dune blanket and have completed 5 stripes.


I am just loving how this is crocheting up. There are 100 stripes, (2 rows per stripe), in the pattern and I think I am going to aim to do one per day.

Next, on the needles is the Downtown Chicago cowl, (paid pattern), for my aunt.


I do have other wip's out there but have no photos at present to share. 

Incoming

Nothing this week, much to the delight of my ever suffering DH.

Outings

I will be out and about with my Knitty friends for lunch at Joli, Longniddry on Friday 26th April at 12 noon. I am hoping the weather stays lovely and we can have lunch al fresco and get some nice photos of crafting in the wild for next week.

I think that's it for this week, other than to say if you don't want a huge spot appearing on your chin a la teenage angst, don't read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole. Have a great week and happy crafting.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment