Sunday 31 March 2019

Sunday 31st March

Hello friends, welcome to The Sunday Sock. May I wish a very happy Mothers Day to all you mums out there whether it be to human kids or fur kids. Today also sees the start of British Summer Time here in the UK so I hope you remembered to put your clocks forward an hour last night.
It has been a much quieter week here than the previous week. It took me a few days to recover from the excitement of our visitor and EYF and for some weird reason, I had a huge panic attack on Monday after everything was over. This was a departure from the norm as I usually have these attacks before having to go somewhere, rather than after. Luckily I have some Diazepam on hand if I need it and it worked a treat in bringing me back to a semblance of normality quite quickly. I do hope, however, that this will not become a regular occurrence.
Another odd feeling this week is the realisation that I will not be returning to work. Usually with the beginning of April I would be gearing up for the new season and all it may entail. I will admit to feeling a bit lost as this is not happening this year but I am sure this will pass. If any of my former colleagues are reading this I wish you a great season with lots of laughs and good times.
Looking forward, I will be taking myself off to the St Abbs Wool Festival next Saturday at the Eyemouth community centre. This is a much smaller event than EYF and has been going for a number of years. Eyemouth is around an hour's drive from me and I am looking forward to seeing a few friends and maybe even making a small purchase or two.


And now for some knitting.

FO's


The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that last week I was wearing my finished Sorrento Shawl


This glorious pattern by Marsha Ibuki was an absolute joy to knit. The pattern is fully written out with no charts and is very easy to follow. The yarns I used were from left

Isager Strik Tweed in Turquoise, La Bien Aimee in Wee Rainbow on a Vespa and Mothy and the Squid in Industrial Accident. I used my Hiya Hiya 4mm 100cm needles which are great for knitting lace and are very slick as was needed for the Tweed as it has a mohair content and was sticking on my Zing needles.
Continuing our tour of Scottish burghs this project has now been named Ellon.


WIP's

Still on my needles are Minecraft socks and Aramis socks. These are progressing very slowly but I need to get a wiggle on for the Minecraft ones as they are needed for a birthday present this week. 
As it is the last Sunday of the month I will share my progress on my Happy Scrappy Blankie.

I am trying to do at least one row per day and Penelope Penguin will move up a fair bit today. 


New on the Needles

I have cast on two new projects this week. 

Picture from Ravelry

I had originally put together these three yarns to knit another Sorrento Shawl

But the yarn told me it wanted to be something else. I am using the Wollmeise Clemintine on the left and the EasyKnits Wickedlets in the middle.


I have gotten a bit further than this but as you can see it is knitting up beautifully.

My other project was cast on last night and sadly I cannot say a lot about it as it has to remain a secret for a wee while. This is all I can show you


The yarn is from my Rosie's Moments January sock mystery box and the colour is Twinkling Lights.

Incoming

Talking of Rosie's Moments, the April Beatrix Potter mystery box arrived on Friday. Once again it was packed with the most amazing themed goodies. The theme was Mr McGregor's Garden and boy can Rosie make a magical surprise package. I cannot adequately express how much I love these boxes.


Rosie has moved away from Etsy and has developed her own website, you can find it here https://www.rosiesmoments.co.uk/. She has three mystery boxes each month and other yarns and kits available.

Lastly but certainly not least I received a lovely surprise gift from my dear friend Candice.


This super wee book appeared in my letterbox totally out of the blue. I love it and have been dipping in and out daily. Each page has a passage to mull over and gosh do I see myself in many of the pages, it is a perfect gift for any knitter. Thank you Candice, it will give me many hours of wonderous revelations about myself.

That's it for this week, I hope you all have a great coming week.

Happy crafting

Mary


1 comment:

  1. Hoping to see you later today at St Abbs wool festival at Eyemouth. It's a bit dreich atm so mibbies won't be sitting outside!

    ReplyDelete