Sunday 3 March 2019

Sunday 3rd March

Hello friends, welcome to the Sunday Sock.

I hope you have all had a good week. My week has been very mixed thanks to a cough on Thursday which sent my back into spasm and left me in severe pain and having to use a walking stick to get around. This severely curtailed my knitting time.

Being that this is the first Sunday of the month it is time to share my progress on the Happy Scrappy Blankie.

The top is the start of Feb and the bottom is now.
As you can see Penelope Penguin has moved on a little.

Other knitting has been limited as I have been very monogamous working on just one project.
On Monday I found my missing ball of yarn and finally decided to cast on a Still Light Tunic. I knitted this pattern back in 2014 and it is one of my most worn handknits, so I decided it was time for another.

I have gotten through the yoke section and have divided for the sleeves. The pattern is written to knit the body first, but sleeve island is my nemesis so I am working them first.
This very wearable garment looks great worn with leggings or jeans and is so wearable. The fact that it has pockets is a huge bonus. Although it is a paid for pattern it is very well worth the money as it is so well written and to my mind it is an ideal introduction to knitting a top-down garment for beginning knitters. I have just under 3 weeks to finish this if I hope to wear it to EYF.

The Sunday Sock will be out and about in East Lothian on Wednesday 6th March. I will be at Archerfield Walled Garden having brunch with my good friend Sheena. We will be there from 10.30 am till around 12 noon. If you are in the area come and say hello.

Until next week, happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment