Sunday 24 February 2019

Sunday 24th February

Hello friends, welcome to The Sunday Sock.

I have been a busy bee this week planning out gift knitting. We all have one of those months where birthdays come like an avalanche and April is my month I have 5 birthdays and a Wedding coming up. The secret to getting it right is forward planning but I have to admit I have been very bad at that in previous years. Now that I no longer have a wage to rely on I have kicked myself up the bum and have been sorting myself out. Sadly this means a lot of what I am knitting just now has to remain secret until the gifts have been handed over.


As it is the last Sunday of the month it is time to update the round the world challenge. Over the last 4 weeks, I knitted 1314 rows in the last 4 weeks and have added them into the map. A small distance has been travelled.



As you know knitting socks is a great passion in my life. I was perusing the free sock patterns available on Ravelry and was astounded to find there are upwards of 7000. This, to be honest, shocked me. I had no idea that there were so many gorgeous patterns out there. I put on my thinking cap on Friday, which for you Girl Guides out there will know was Thinking Day, and came up with an idea. Why not knit the alphabet? Thus the Sunday Sock A2Z KAL was born. I would love you to join me in choosing your own adventure knitting 26 pairs of socks. I have set up a thread in the Ravelry group with a link to the A-Z of free sock patterns available. I reckon it will take me over 2 years to do this myself so it will be a relaxed on-going KAL.

For my A socks, I have chosen the Aramis pattern by Caoua Coffee. This is a simple 12-row repeat of knit and purl stitches. I am knitting toe-up and will be using the Fleegle Heel which is my favourite heel for fit.
So far I have the beginnings of a toe.

Short but hopefully sweet this week, please do join in the KAL. I would love to see what patterns you choose.

Until next Sunday, happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment