Sunday 17 March 2019

Sunday 17th March

Hello friends, welcome to The Sunday Sock and a happy St Patrick's day to all you Irish out there. It has been a very quiet week here with really not much happening at all except some knitting and clearing out of excess stuff. How on earth just two of us have accumulated so much is a mystery. I have even, shock-horror, put some yarn into the bag for the charity shop.
Preparations, however, are well underway for my expedition with Yvonne to EYF next Saturday. To say that I am excited about this event is an understatement. I missed out last year as hubby and I were holidaying on the beautiful island of Mull, but I have been to every other EYF since the beginning. A meet-up has been planned on Ravelry with some fellow knitters from the Ripples Craft group and we shall be meeting at Helen's stand, E4, at 2.30 pm on Saturday 23rd then heading round to the marquee for coffee, cake and a blether. Anyone is welcome to join us and I will be wearing my Ravelry badge so if you are there and want to say hello, please do.



Now for some knitting.
I have been, very unusually for me, totally monogamous this week as I really want to wear my Sorrento shawl on Saturday. I have finished the body of the shawl and am about 2/3 through the picot bind off.


This has been pure joy to knit and I am already thinking of doing another one in different colours. I made one small modification to the pattern in that on the last section the lace and my yarn were not playing kindly, so about half-way through I switched back to the pattern of section 6. This made me much happier with the result.
I do have some other super secret knitting on the needles but you will have to wait a while before I can share these projects with you.

Books In My Ears

This month accompanying me as I knit I have been listening to A Second Chance by Jodi Taylor, narrated by Zara Ramm. This is the third book in the most enjoyable and at times hilarious time travelling historians series, The Chronicles of St Mary's. The scrapes the contemporary characters get themselves into whilst travelling back in time, in this instance to Troy, lends itself to some very entertaining listening. I would recommend starting this series with the first book, Just One Damned Thing After Another, as I did, and continue chronologically as there are references to the earlier books and it helps the story to flow.

So that's it. a very short post this week. I am hoping to get lots of photos and maybe even a wee bit of video next week. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment