Sunday 10 February 2019

Sunday 10th February

Hello friends, here we are it's Sunday again. I hope you have all had a good week. I had a great start with this wonderful box of goodies arriving from Rosie's Moments. This is the second mystery box of the year featuring the characters of Beatrix Potter. This month's box is dedicated to the Tailor of Gloucester.

Upon opening the postal box I was greeted with this gorgeous little suitcase. Inside it was packed with goodies.
A pin badge. a brooch, sewing needles, cards, a collectable 50p and of course the yarn.


This beautiful skein is a butter soft blend of Merino/Bamboo/Silk. There was also a sock pattern included but for me, this deserves to be worn somewhere else and I am thinking that a shawl like Reyna would be just gorgeous.

I have had a real hankering for Salad Cream this week. For those of you who don't know it, it is like mayonnaise but more piquant in taste. I am just wanting it with everything, sandwiches, chips (french fries), fish, just everything. Goodness knows where this hankering is coming from, maybe I am subconsciously longing for summer.

During the week I decided to make a small change to the parameters of my yarn savings which I laid out last week. For every skein or ball finished I will add 1p per yard rather than just £1 per skein. This will help me save a bit more cash. I finished 2 skeins @ 286 yards this week which means I was able to add £5.72.

I have also started my EYF shopping list. After much deliberation, I have decided it is time to shop the stash more so this year I am hoping to concentrate on buying sundries more than yarn. The first item added to my list is Eucalan. I love this for washing my woollies and am hoping to find a large bottle of the Wrapture Jasmine scented one.

My Week in Knitting


Last Sunday I cast on Minecraft Socks for my Dad's birthday. This free pattern is written for top-down but is very easily adapted to knitting toe-up. I completed the toe before it was time for bed.



Monday and Tuesday's knitting was devoted to my EYF sweater. I really want to get this finished this month so powered on with the body. I have now run out of the Maiden Loch blue so from the joining of the body to sleeves and for the yoke I will be winging it with Ripe Rowan Berry, Copper Beech and A Slice of Lime.



On Tuesday morning I went stash diving for the last skein of yarn I need for my sweater. I did not find it but I did find a sock and yarn I had started for Dad's birthday last year so I have decided to finish that pair for him instead of the Minecraft socks. They will be knitted for my Step Son-in-Law instead.

Wednesday found me picking up a second sock for a change of pace. I managed to complete the foot before it was time for bed.



Thursday saw my return to the MineCraft socks. This is such an easy knit with a memorable 12-row repeat.


On Friday I was back to the sweater, this time though it was to consign what was knitted to the frog pond. I was just not happy with the way it was turning out. I ripped out the body and have started over.


Saturday was lost in its entirety to fever. I was in bed all day just sleeping it off. I am sure it was caused by a gum infection as I had a lot of pain and swelling around my lower left wisdom tooth. There is still some pain today but it is manageable and I am upright.

Time to go and feed the kitties and find some lunch for us humans.
Until next Sunday, have a good week.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment