Sunday 5 August 2018

Sunday 5th August

Hello, the last couple of weeks did not go well for me. My ongoing has depression led me into a vicious circle.



As you can see I am totally going round in circles. The depression causes me to be anxious about everything which means I rarely leave my safe place on the couch which causes more depression and on it goes. It seems that, just now, every time I take a baby step forward I end up 3 steps back. This is not living, it is existing and believe me, it is no picnic.

But enough of that, now to things which are making me happier. Yes, yarny things, just like the medics say, are truly making this easier to manage.

First up, CROCHET.
I have picked up my hook again and am thoroughly enjoying the free CAL which is currently running on Facebook and available on Ravelry for Something Magic. This amazing design is the brainchild of Ineke Mooijenkind, who is one of the main testers for the well-known designer Helen Shrimpton. The pattern is so well written and laid out with pictures for every round that even a relative beginner of crochet, like me, can have the confidence to give it a go.
Here is my progress at the end of week 2.


I am using a 4mm (G) hook and the yarn is Stylecraft Special DK in the colours, Mushroom, Stone, Vintage Peach and Gold. The instructions for week 3 come out tomorrow evening and I am excited to see what comes next.

Now for KNITTING.

I have some test knit socks on the go for my lovely friend Fiona.


On the left is Limekilns, a lovely simple design for toe-up socks in a self-striping yarn and on the right, Ocean Currents, again toe-up but this time a learning curve for me as it was my first ever afterthought heel. I will be sure to share with you all when these patterns become available. 

Finally, this week, since I was so low I figured I needed a wee treat. 
Once again I took myself off to Etsy and this gorgeous sock project bag captured my heart.


This is my third purchase from Rachael at SewRayMe. Her bags are so beautifully made, even hubby has commented on the quality, and her customer service is amazing. These beautiful bags don't have far to travel to me as they are made just across the Forth in Fife. It is great to know that I am supporting a fairly local small business.

That's it for this week, see you soon.
Happy crafting,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment