Sunday 12 August 2018

Sunday 12th August.

Hello again from a horribly dreich, wet and grey East Lothian. After all the weeks of hot dry weather, it is actually quite nice for the traditional Scottish summer to have shown its face. The grass and gardens need it and so do some of the crops here in the garden of Scotland. Hopefully, though we have not seen the last of the sunshine and we will see a little more before the Autumn sets in.

This week I have been hooking like a demon and have completed part 3 of the Something Magic CAL.

This is truly a magical project as in just 3 weeks we have had a circle, a square and now a star.
I cannot wait to see how it develops over the next few weeks.
I have also been working more slowly on a second one for my niece's baby who is due in to make his debut in the world mid-September.

 This will not be a full size but will be stopped when large enough for baby.

As if this is not enough, my Mum has expressed a desire for one for herself. Mum was as avid a yarn crafts fan as me until a stroke a few years ago has made it too difficult for her to do anything more than simple garter stitch. As this is such a delightful pattern I trotted off to my stash and picked out some colours I know she likes and later this afternoon I will make a start.


Knitting has not been completely abandoned, I am still working on the test- knit socks I mentioned last week and have got around the heel and started up the leg.


As you can see I have been a busy bee this week and I have loved every minute, especially the bit where I was rummaging through my bag of  Stylecraft yarn and discovered 3 balls of sock yarn that I completely forgot I had bought.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and I leave you this week with a shot of my beautiful boy posing for his mummy and the reminder to read your pattern carefully to avoid becoming a frog queen like me.



Happy crafting
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment