Sunday 19 August 2018

Sunday 19th August.

Hello again and welcome to my ramblings.
Once again it a very grey Sunday here in East Lothian so let me brighten it up with some colourful photos of what I have been working on this past week.

First up, socks.

I finished the first of my three test knit sock patterns,

This is a simple toe-up vanilla sock with an afterthought heel. It was a very easy pattern to follow and will make a great introduction to this process for those who, like me, have never tried an afterthought heel before. I knitted this in some deep stash yarn which was from The Loopy Ewe Seasonings series on a 2.5mm needle using the magic loop process. I will be sure to let you know when it becomes available on Ravelry.

The second test knit is for the Limekilns pattern,

Again this is toe-up with a simple two-row pattern which really lends itself to self-striping yarn.

Thirdly, I have started on the last test-knit. So far I have a toe,

And a foot,


This is a truly beautiful pattern and so simple, yet it looks complicated. I am really enjoying this one and already have plans for more of my stash to become Dysart socks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Fiona for trusting me to test-knit for her and to assure her that I am loving every minute of doing so.

Now on to crochet.

It has been slow going this week on the crochet front as I managed to twice crick my neck in my sleep. Neck pain and hooking are not great bedfellows so not too much has been accomplished. I have only managed two rounds on the baby blanket so no picture to show there. I am slowly getting through week 4 of my first Something Magic. This is a wonderful project with surprises around every corner, this week we have to make 8 eye shaped pieces of eleven rounds each. Here is my progress up to round 8/11 on two of the pieces


I am following the pattern exactly and making each piece simultaneously to try and have all 8 identical in tension.

Finally, I did make a start on Mum's Magic. Last week I showed you the chosen yarn and here is where I am so far.

I know some of you who read this are also magicing along, I would love to see your progress and to share in your journey.

That's it for this week. Have a great week ahead.

Happy crafting

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment