Wednesday 20 June 2018

Summer Staycation Day 8

Hello, and Happy Ice Cream Soda Day.

What a horrible 24 hours I have had. Heavy rain last night resulted in no sleep at all as there is a broken downpipe on the outside of our flat right outside our bedroom window. It sounded like a huge waterfall hammering down all night. I reported it this morning so hopefully, it will be fixed before it rains like that again.
Of course, being so tired today made for a very grumpy me and I could not concentrate on my knitting at all. Eventually, I gave up and went back to bed for a long nap and have just now woke up. This will no doubt throw my sleep pattern into a tizzy and I will be up all night.

I do have a wee tip to share with you today though. When I pull my projects out I always like for them to be a treat for the senses and for the smell I use those little wax blocks designed for warmers. Now I don't want the wax to get on the yarn so I pop the cube in a little organza bag like you get for wedding favours. The result is a lovely waft of scent whilst working on your project.



I will have a finish tonight, I have had a touch of second sleeve syndrome with this tiny newborn cardigan but it is on the needle now and will be done soon.



Have a lovely evening, see you tomorrow.

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment