Sunday 20 December 2020

Planning for the Coming Year Q1

 Hello friends, I have spent a happy Sunday afternoon thinking about what I would like to knit in the first quarter of 2021. Once again Kate of Hawthorn Cottage Crafts podcast has inspired me with her Knitting the Books KAL which will run from Jan 1st to Mar 31st, and I am going to use up some deep stash to knit the Forest Fiesta swirl by Sandra McIver. My mum gave me this book the year it was published, 2011, so I think it is about time I knitted from it. I would truly love to use the recommended yarn, but sadly this is not in my budget, so I will use this Sirdar Colourwheel, colour Flower Garden, which I have had for many moons,


I have treated myself to a new needle though and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a 120cm, 4.5mm ChiaGoo fixed circular from The Little Knitting Company.

Of course, socks will be on the needles and my first two pairs of the year will be gifted to two very special people in my life. 

Baby boy knits will also feature strongly in Q1 as I found out a few days ago that a lovely friend is expecting and is due in April.

Of course, expect the unexpected as my knitting can go off at a tangent at any time when I spot something fabulous, and with Scotland heading back into lockdown on Dec 26th you just never know what might happen.

Wow! Two posts in one day, not like me at all.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I went and watched her YT video for the new year! She is so adorable! My goal is to start knitting again in 2021! I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete