Sunday 27 January 2019

Sunday 27th January

Hello friends, I hope you have all had a great week. Firstly this week I would like to wish a belated Happy Birthday to two ladies who had milestone birthdays this past week. Annie had her day on Friday and Marjory yesterday. I hope you both had a lovely time and were blessed with yarny goodness.
Now the eagle-eyed among you may have noticed a shift in the number on the tracker at the top of this post. I have totalled up the number of rows completed in the last 4 weeks and added 2251 rows to the challenge.


This means there has been a little movement along the map. I only managed 390 rows this past week due to being flattened by Sciatica. I can honestly say I have never had such bad pain in my legs before, all I could do was take the painkillers and sleep as they knocked me out.

I did manage to finish one sock this week. This is a gift for the daughter of a friend.


I am knitting a mash-up of patterns for this pair. Toe-up, I have used Rye Light for the foot, a short row garter stitch heel and Molecular Orbitals for the leg, both are free patterns. I will be casting on the second one just as soon as I finish with this post.

Last week you will remember I cast on my Happy Scrappy Blankie with Penelope Penguin keeping track. I am just loving the mindless knitting and have managed about a foot width.


Lisa, who's pattern it is has finished hers and has kindly allowed me to share her photo of the finished blanket with you.


 And in this one, she looks so happy wrapped up in it.

Thank you, Lisa, for letting me share your pictures.

Now it is time for me to go and cast on that sock whilst listening to 1Q84, an epic listen at 40 hours.

Until next Sunday
Happy crafting

Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment