Friday 9 December 2011

Diary of a Knitter - Day 2

Start Weight - 492
Weight Lost - 0
Weight Gained - 0
Balance - 492

So day 2 is over. (I write this diary the day after).
No weight lost on the diet yet, but I am so, so close to losing 1.

Yesterday we had severe storms battering us here in Scotland, so what better to cosy up and sort out my knitting. And that is just what I did. I decided early to take stock of what is on the needles at the moment, so I can share with you my progress (or lack of) in this diary.
So here goes (listed in no particular order).

Birthday Boy sweater, allegedly for DH's birthday which is rapidly approaching on the 21st of this month.

Daybreak shawl/scarf. Also for DH, this time for Christmas with a distinct possibility of actually being ready. 

A Girasole shawl in fingering weight yarn for me. I was given money for my birthday back in June and I chose this lovely merino from The Loopy Ewe to knit this beautiful shawl, but life took over and I have only recently cast on.

Again some yarn from The Loopy Ewe, this beautiful Yarn Pirate fingering was reduced to less than half price and just begged to become a shawl.

A fingering weight scraps blanket with unusual construction, which will be ongoing as my scraps bag grows. I have entitled this fun project my Scrappy Wappy Do Dah. It will remain to be seen just how large this project eventually becomes.

I also have a box stuffed full of projects to be fully finished. All the knitting and sewing in of ends is done, they just need to be washed and blocked. I look forward to sharing these with you also.

So there you have it. My on the needles projects, along with the two from yesterday. Plenty to keep me going for a bit. Lets hope my knitters ADD and impulse to Ooh Shiny can be kept under control.

Yesterday I also managed to bake a scrummy Madeira cake which got the thumbs up from DH and also cane under close inspection from our kitten Mysti.



It seemed to meet with approval.

Oh and I may have mentioned to some of you on Facebook that I would reveal the approximate yardage of my yarn stash. Well here goes, it currently stands at around 78,832 yards. Ah well enough to keep me going for a while then.

Stay safe and happy crafting.








No comments:

Post a Comment