Wednesday 7 December 2011

Time for a Diet

Good grief no, not a food diet, what with the wonderful feasting of Christmas just round the corner!! No a YARN diet.
Upon taking stock of my yarn situation now that December is upon us has made me realise that it is time for me to diet. Not a full blown cold sheep you understand, just a diet. Our wee flat is beginning to burst at the seams with my yarn and DH's model kits. So how do I propose to do this? Well I am not going to fully cease with my addiction to yarnie awesomeness, no, I am doing a 2 or more out 1 in. Yardage is not my issue here it is the sheer number of skeins (or balls) of yarn and how much space they take up. There are a couple of exceptions for which I will allow the rules to be broken.

1. Gifts (seriously do you expect me to tell people not to buy me yarn as a gift?)
2. For commission work. If someone wants something knit in a particular yarn and I do not have it, then who am I to argue.
3. For any swap I may take part in.

So from 1st Dec 2011 - 31st Dec 2012 or beyond this is my goal.
I am already behind due to yarn which was ordered in Nov, but arrived this morning, ah well into stash it goes.
Melon Bomb
Also commission yarn which was ordered yesterday by the customer and also arrived this morning

8 Balls of Knit Picks
And this gorgeous yarn from my favourite indie dyer Ripples Crafts which is just the most gorgeous colour and even has sparkles
Assynt by Moonlight Carnations


Ah well, off I go to count up my entire stash in number of skeins and I will report back tomorrow to let you all know how things are progressing.
Stay warm and safe and happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment