Thursday 8 December 2011

Diary of a Knitter - Day 1

So yesterday I decided to go all out on my yarn diet and all the advice says when on a diet to keep a diary, so here it is.

Start weight - 492 skeins (eek)
Weight lost - 0
Weight gained - 0
Balance day 1 - 492

I did knit some yesterday on my commission shawl, in-fact I knitted quiet a lot although I don't have much to show for it as I have knitted the same piece twice. I started on one size of needle but was unhappy with the fabric, so re-started on a smaller needle with more pleasing results.

Shawl progress




Today I hope to cast on another project, my first ever with beads, which is a gift for my lovely friend Yvonne who lives in The Netherlands. She is a lover of pink, so guess which colour her shawl will be?

Yarn and beads at the ready!

It is howling with wind outside and there have been warnings for people to stay indoors today, so a good day for cosying up and knitting all day.

Stay safe and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment