Sunday 30 October 2022

October 2022

Hello friends, since learning to knit socks around 10 years ago they have been a constant project on my needles and never more so than this month. They have been all I want to knit and I would seem to have found my perfect pattern. This simple almost vanilla top-down sock has been making my heart sing all month long and I want to cast on all the yarns and enjoy my own personal Socktober and beyond. 

Off the Needles


All my socks are knitted using the magic loop method and a simple 3 x 1 rib. Clockwise from the top left we have
Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Crazy in colour Cloud No 8 
James Makes Yarn in Popping Candy
DropsFabel Print in Forest
Cascade Heritage Prints in Sea Morn

On the Needles

Still ongoing are the Dustland Sweater for hubby, the body has now been reworked and fits beautifully and I am on to the sleeves. Four pairs of socks are in progress, with a fifth pair set to be cast on today, seeing as it is Sunday. 
I have abandoned my Stephen West Twists and Turns MKAL as the pattern just was not turning out to be my cup of tea. I have seen many beautiful pictures of shawls in progress but they are just not floating my boat. I have in my mind to use the yarn for a Winter Lights Shawl as I adore that pattern. 
Finally, the first pattern from the Curious Handmade Knitvent 2022 collection is actively being worked on. I was resisting purchasing the collection of mystery patterns until the lovely Chris, from The Sunday Sock Ravelry group, posted a picture of the Anthology Throw, the first pattern, and I was sucked in. The entire collection is themed around using up mini-skeins or leftovers so I grabbed my bag of scraps and was off.





Acquisitions

I have had quite a blessed month with a few goodies arriving through the post. First up is this gorgeous skein called Witches Brew from Twinkknits, this is an 80% Merino 20% Nylon sock yarn. I was craving some Halloween yarn this year and this certainly fits the bill. 


Next, is this amazing skein from The Border Tart called Lollipop. This is a BFL/Nylon blend and again sock weight. 



Then I was gifted this Scheepjes Whirl in Cotton Candy Man. It is a 4-ply cotton/acrylic yarn in a huge 220g cake and I am sure it will become something amazing.



Finally this month after knitting the wonderful Popping Candy socks, shown above, I could not resist when James Makes Yarn brought out his autumn colours and this skein of Falling for You fell into my basket. It is similar to the Popping Candy but has a more peachy than the pink base. 


That's it for October, it has been a productive month overall and my knitting has given me so much pleasure. More details of my projects, both finished and ongoing, can be found on my Ravelry project pages and yarns on my stash pages. 
I hope you all have a delightful month ahead and keep hale and hearty, I have my flu and Covid booster jabs next week so am expecting sore arms for a day or two.

Happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment