Sunday 28 February 2021

Not Just Socks

 Hello friends, I have had a painful couple of weeks battling two dental abscesses, one in the lower jaw and one in the upper which is just not playing the game with the antibiotic and I think it will be another trip to the dentist tomorrow. Also this coming week, on Wednesday morning, I will be getting my first vaccine dose. Never before have I looked forward so much to a jab in my arm, it is one small step towards our new normality whatever that proves to be.

On the knitting front, this week I have stepped aside a little from the socks and finally opened up my 12 Days of Christmas box from Rosie's Moments.


I spent a considerable amount of time deciding what to knit but kept coming back to the Edie tee by Isabell Kraemer. The pattern, published in 2015, does not have a huge size choice but it is well written and I have cast on for the XL using Chiagoo 3.5mm circular needles. I am not very far into the project but already I can see it is going to be colourful, just what is needed this year.

I have the next mini wound and ready to add-in.


 Incoming

After speaking about my needles last time it struck me that I hadn't checked Etsy. A quick search and I discovered RachelGreenCrafts had some lovely options. After browsing for a while I spotted this



Knitting cats, well, what's not to love? Pennies duly paid this beauty arrived two days later and as you can see is already in use.

Also arriving this week was the second mystery sock box in Rosie's Moments around Britain series. This month took us to Cornwall and as usual, the box was packed with the most thoughtful goodies.


I really don't know how she does it.


A short post this time as I am struggling with the news of the sudden passing of a dear friend, hopefully, normal service will resume next time. Until then stay safe and healthy,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment