Saturday 4 February 2012

Diary of A Knitter - Feb 4th

I Have Been Remiss

Good grief where does the time go. January is well and truly over and here we are in February. I have been terribly remiss at keeping up my diary and sharing my knitting progress with you. So hopefully in this post I will catch up and then I promise I will try to keep up at least weekly updates.


More Out than In

So as January drew to a close I totted up my skeins and was pleased to discover that I had a net decrease of 3. I managed to knit up 13 skeins of yarn and only added 10 to my stash. Not quite the 2-1 I had been aiming for but a decrease nevertheless.
Here is a montage of the 10 skeins I managed to acquire
January 2012

Some very pretty yarns I am sure you will agree.

On the Needles

So what is on the needles then as we begin a new month?
Well at the last count I have 10 projects which I am working on in small bursts.
These are 
  1. Pure Poetry - A circular jacket pattern in Aran weight yarn
  2. Champagne Truffle - A hat for my step-daughter
  3. Sylvia's Shawl - A circular shawl in sport weight cotton mix yarn
  4. For Which it was Intended - A large circular shawl in fingering weight and the Girasole pattern
  5. Birthday Boy - A cabled sweater for my DH whose birthday was in December (oops)
  6. Mystery KAL - A Susanna IC mystery shawl design in fingering weight yarn with beads 
  7. In Pink - A Hitchhiker scarf/shawl. 
  8. La Vie En Rose - A Lily Go lace shawl in light fingering weight
  9. Aurora - A triangular bottom up shawl in a mix of fingering and sport weight yarn
  10. Blooming Fuchsia - A second mystery KAL shawl this time by designer Lily Go
So a fair bit to keep me going then. I am looking forward to sharing my progress with you and please do feel free to comment on anything.

Stay safe and happy crafting.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment