Thursday 14 June 2018

Summer Staycation Day 2

Hello again. So yesterday was the first day of my nearly 2 weeks off work this summer and I decided that I would try to do a short daily post of what I get up to. Of course, it will be very yarn orientated but I may surprise you now and again with photos from around East Lothian.
In the last 24 hours, I have done some crochet on Rings of Change I am aiming for 1 round a day now that they are so long, but mostly I have been knitting.

A couple of weeks ago I kept seeing on the Ravelry forum radar, pictures of the amazing Fading Point  wrap by Joji Locatelli. I decided that I really had to knit it so off to the stash I trotted and pulled out these 5 beauties.


From the left we have

  1. Hand painted 100% merino from Chandlers in North Berwick in colour Merlyn
  2. Ripples Crafts Suilven, a merino/ silk/ yak yarn in colour Sea Stack
  3. Eden Cottage Yarns Titus, merino/silk in colour Hektor
  4. Suilven in Bay of Stoer
  5. Suilven in Mountains of Assynt.
I will give you a progress photo tomorrow but suffice to say for now I am in love with Joji's patterns and already have my eye on the next one I want to knit.

I leave you today with a wee snapshot of the estate I live in to give an idea of life here in this wee corner of Scotland.


Time for me now to get back to the needles and my latest audiobook, It by Stephen King.
Until tomorrow happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment