Sunday 3 June 2018

Getting Back In The Groove

Hello there folks. It's been a while. My health has not been at it's best over the last few weeks and I have just been living quietly and of course knitting. I have also toyed with the idea of turning this blog into a podcast but in truth, I have a face for radio and a voice for the silent film so let us stay with the written word.

Now to the knitting.
I have six finishes to share with you.

First up are my Burntisland socks. These were knitted in Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in the Queen Anne colourway which was gifted to me in a swap package a few years ago. This is a paid for pattern on Ravelry by my lovely friend Fiona and it was an absolute pleasure to knit.

Next my Blueberry Waffles. These socks are knitted in Drops Fabel colour 655 Wooden Rose. This yarn is my go to commercial sock yarn as it has a wonderful price point, is very easy to work with and has good strength for wear and tear. This pattern is free on Ravelry and although written for top-down and a thicker yarn it is very easily adaptable to my favoured toe-up style.

On to Vanilla Latte. Oh, boy were these fun, not! Not for any reason with the pattern or yarn, simply because they are the biggest socks I have ever knitted. They are for one of my lovely colleagues, we shall call him J, and he has UK size 12 feet. The yarn I used is Ripples Crafts reliable sock in the colour Crisis in Malawi which was a specially dyed yarn to raise money for Mary's Meals charity. The pattern is again a free one on Ravelry which is so easy to knit and given a smaller foot length will knit up very rapidly.

Now moving away from socks, I have finished the Nougat cowl. Again I used Drops Fabel, this time in colour 604, Ocean View.


Also in the same yarn as the cowl, I recently finished a test knit for Knit By Bit Designs. The pattern is now live and I can share the pattern with you.

Flipping your Fins shawl is a nice crescent shaped shawl for the advanced beginner or intermediate knitter.

Finally for FO's I have my Nuuk.



This fabulously easy to knit top-down sweater was featured n the first edition of Laine magazine and is now available as an individual pattern on Ravelry. This was such a fast and enjoyable knit and I am so looking forward to wearing it when it gets a bit cooler. The yarn I used was, the now discontinued, Wendy Zena which had been maturing in my stash for at least 10 years.


I think that is enough to be getting on with and I hope to be back with you soon with some WIP's and stash enhancements.
Links to all patterns mentioned are in the Ravelry Group, come and join me.

Happy Crafting
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment