Sunday 1 April 2018

Happy Easter

News

Hello everyone and a very Happy Easter. I do hope you have all had a great week.
I have sent many happy hours this week watching a new to me podcast about knitting which I can highly recommend. I stumbled across it whilst perusing people's hauls and blogs from this year's Edinburgh Yarn Festival. Sadly I did not make it along this year as we were on holiday on the beautiful island of Mull so I have been living vicariously through other folk. The podcast is
Hawthorn Cottage Craft by the lovely Kate who can also be found on Ravelry as A Runner Bean. She is so easy to listen to and has such great enthusiasm for all things knitting, well worth checking out if you have some time to spare.

The Sunday Sock now has it's very own Ravelry group so come along and join me for a cuppa and a blether about what's on your needles and hooks or just whatever you wish to talk about.



In the Small Basket


I still have my Milkshake socks, my Burntisland Socks and my Nougat Cowl, links in last weeks post.
A little progress has been accomplished and hopefully soon I will have a FO to show you. 



In the Big Basket


I have my Firenze sweater. This is shown as a man's sweater but I have knitted previously one for hubby, one for me and one for my Mum and we all love it. This time I am using Caron Cakes in the Funfetti colour and I have the body and 1 sleeve completed. I just have the second sleeve and yoke to do.

Hot Off the Needles

In the early hours of this morning I cast off my Op Art Shawl . This is a free pattern on Ravelry and was a very easy pattern to follow. It has some short rows and a little charted lace work but if you can knit, purl, yo, k2tog and ssk you can make this. I knitted it in Ripples Crafts Merino Sport weight yarn which is the softest and squishiest yarn to work with. The shawl is designed to be knit in 2 colours but I used 3 as my yardage was short.
The colours I used were, Syringa, A Cerise Which Demands Attention and Maiden Loch. All very much my colours.
Unblocked as yet but I love it.




Stash Enhancement

Through the door this week came this most gorgeous ball of yarn. 


It is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply sock yarn which I bought from Wool Warehouse costing £7.29. The yarn is 75%Wool 25%Nylon (containing 35% Blue Faced Leicester) has 437 yards and is in the colour 806 English Rose. It feels gorgeous in the ball and I am sure will make for some beautiful socks.


This Week's Sock

The pattern I have chosen to start today is Blueberry Waffle Socks , a free pattern by Sandy Turner available from Ravelry. The pattern is written for DK yarn but it can be easily adapted to knit with any weight and I shall be using Drops Fabel sock yarn in 655 the Wooden Rose colour and 2.5mm needles.



The pattern is for top down socks but I will be adapting it to my preferred way of knitting socks from the toe- up.

Perth Festival of Yarn


As I said earlier I missed EYF for the first time ever this year so I very tactfully asked my darling hubby if he may be willing to have a day out in Perth in September and he most wonderfully said yes. So it's all systems saving for a great day out.
Perth Festival of Yarn is to be held on Sat 8th and Sun 9th September at the Dewars Center, Glover Street, Perth. More details and an exciting list of vendors can be found here.

Other Stuff

I went out to a new place this week. Hubby dropped me and came back for me but I went into the building my self and met my friends. This was a major step along my personal road and I feel so chuffed that I managed it.

Have a great week

Happy  crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment