Sunday 15 April 2018

Could it be Spring at Last?

Hello and welcome to The Sunday Sock.
After a long an mostly grim winter we are slowly seeing signs of spring finally emerging here in East Lothian and what a welcome sight it is. I am sure you all agree that when it is brighter you feel just that wee bit better inside.

As I have already mentioned East Lothian let me start this week by talking about naming projects. If you are a Ravelry user you will know that for your projects there is a space for naming them. You can always name them after the pattern and that is fine until if like me you sometimes want to knit the pattern again. You may also have noticed that this year there is a challenge tab where you can, if you wish, challenge yourself to complete a set number of projects. Being me I decided to combine the two and chose to complete 45 named projects. Why 45? You may be asking, well I looked on Wikipedia and there are 45 towns and villages listed for my county of East Lothian and I decided to name my projects after them. Going alphabetically I have finished with the E's so am getting there.

Now on to the knitting itself.
I have one new cast on this week and one finished object.
Let us start with the FO


This is the Nougat cowl which is for a friend's daughter's birthday. I have knitted a complete set of cowl, hat, handwarmers and socks for her and will show you the complete set after her birthday.

Now to the new. With the promise of spring an summer just around the corner I wanted something light to wear. I remembered tat when I visited Ripples Crafts dye shed in October I had been smitten by the Virgil sweater and had bought the yarn for it.


This is a beautiful lightweight short sleeved sweater in fingering yarn. It is a paid pattern with about 8 or 9 sizes to choose so there is something for everyone. The yarn I am using is the Burras base from Helen in the colours A Cerise Which Demands Attention (main) and Turquoise Delight and Soft Lilac as contrast. It is knitting up quite quickly although my colourwork sections are slow due to being somewhat of a one handed knitter. I just cannot get to grips with holding yarn in my left hand.

Also still in the basket are

my Burntisland socks with just 39 rounds to go. Blueberry Waffle socks with 5 rounds of rib to complete on first sock and Batik shawl with part 2 complete and ready to start part 3.

Nothing new came in this week for once but I do want to ask your views on something. Have any of you tried the Addi Crasy Trio? Being a sock knitter I feel I ought to try them out but the price is a bit off putting. I would love to know your thoughts either here in the comments or over in the Ravelry group. Speaking of which I will put all the pattern links in a post in the group.

I think that is all for this week and I look forward to chatting with you all again next Sunday.

Happy crafting
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment