Monday 4 April 2016

M.I.A.

Well look who is here? Yes it's me. I finally have time to draw breath and get back to you. This work for a living malarky does not half get in the way of knitting, reading and blogging.
As many of you will know I am essentially carer to my beloved hubby who has severe mobility issues. Between the months of April and October I am also to be found hovering around the likes of Concorde, the Vulcan and other iconic aircraft at the National Museum of Flight in East Lothian, doing my very best to help visitors rather than confuse them. Parts of the museum have just undergone a massive £3.6 million redevelopment and the opening of this is what has kept me from keeping up my blog.

The last time I wrote I was having a bit of a moment to myself and kidding myself on that I could knit a top in around 48 hours. Well it did not happen. I did manage to knit about 3/4 of it but I was not at all happy with how it was turning out. It was duly sent off to the frog pond and I had a glorious day out with my mum at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival.
This year two things happened which conspired to deny me photos of the festival. 1st I forgot the camera and 2nd I was pushing mum in a wheelchair which would have made for very difficult snap taking. I did however come away with very happy memories and a little stash enhancement.
Clockwise from top left, Date with Ada pattern, Soak wash, Plaua gradient by Bilum, Wee Rainbow on a Vespa by La Bien Aimee and the gradient and Indigo sock yarn are both Blue Moon from The Border Tart
I was a very good girl and stuck to both my budget and with the exception of the pack of mini-skeins, my shopping list. I seem to have had a bit of a blue theme going on this year and I am delighted with my purchases.

Back to knitting.
The top I was kidding myself I could knit was Elfe by Astrid Schamm. I saw a finished one whizz by on the Ravelry radar and I fell in love. As I said before I was not loving how my first attempt was turning out, so after the festival I started it again with different yarn and I am about half way through the new version.

I will leave you with that for this post but will be back very soon with details of a very gorgeous pattern which I also have on the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment