Thursday 7 April 2016

Dreaming in Colour

For quite sometime now I have admired the Persian Dreams pattern which is available from Ravelry or Knit Picks. It is a beautiful colourful throw made up of 24 individual hexagons which are grafted together. The original pattern uses 14 different colours of Palette and has a lot of changes throughout each hexagon.
Finally last week I took the plunge and bought the pattern. I decided that rather than do it as the original I would use self striping yarn so that I would be using only 2 yarns for each hexagon. Yesterday I finished the first one and although I have had a few tension issues with my stranding I am delighted with the result.


For this 1st module I used as background Drops Baby Alpaca/Silk in the colour Powder and Drops Fabel sock yarn in Sunset which was left over from the jumper I knitted for my Mum.
The Powder colour will be my base colour throughout the entire project and I have bought 11 further balls of Fabel to complete the blanket.



I bought these yarns from Wool Warehouse which offers amazing speed of delivery along with the yarn coming in gorgeous organza bags which then double up as project bags.
I have just today started hexagon 2 and I will make sure to keep you updated with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment