Wednesday 14 January 2015

Island 14 - Boreray, North Uist

This baby blanket was finished in early November 2014 but I had to wait to share it as there were not many folk who knew the sex of the baby.
Baby Isaac has now been gifted his blanket and whilst I do not know his feelings on it I do know that his mummy and daddy loved it.


I used Knit Picks Shine Sport in the colour Sky. The yarn is an absolute delight to knit with and furthermore is completely machine washable as well as tumble dryable. I find it a good yarn to use for baby items where the parent wants natural fibres but ease of washing.
The pattern is Floralized by Cheri McEwan, which was the summer MKAL in 2014 and is a free pattern. I must admit that the finished blanket looks much harder than it is to knit. Cheri always creates wonderful designs which seem to flow off the needles with ease yet look stunning and complicated.

I am so chuffed with this project, here are some more photos.




Island link - Boreray, North Uist

Stay safe and happy crafting
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment