Wednesday 12 November 2014

Balta - Island 7

Gosh, it has been ages since I posted anything about knitting. That has not been entirely my own fault though as life got in the way big time this summer when DH had to undergo emergency heart surgery. Of course this gave us a massive fright and everything else was forgotten about.
I am however pleased to report that knitting has been happening and some biggish projects have been completed or are in the works along with some smaller ones.
The first project to share with you all is my first Still Light Tunic . This has been an absolute pleasure to both knit and wear.


The pattern is very well written and easy to follow and best of all, knitted almost entirely in the round from the neck down with no seams. I chose not to do the 3/4 length sleeves as I much prefer short ones and as you can see I can wear a longer sleeved T-shirt underneath if needed There were some places where I read forward and thought what! but when I got there I just followed the instructions and it all worked out perfectly.
The yarn I used is Knit Picks Palette in shade Regal which I bought from http://www.greatbritishyarns.co.uk/ . I found this yarn very nice to knit with and it is not scratchy when worn against the skin.
You may have noticed that I said my first and that is because I am already well underway with No2 and even have the yarn ready for No3. I may be mad but I just know that these have to be a wardrobe staple.
Some of you with keen eyes and memories may also have noticed that this was the yarn I was using to knit the mega shawl in the summer. Well that is the beauty of yarn, it just was not doing it for me so into the frog pond it went and now I have a wonderful wearable garment which I am loath to take off.

Stay safe and happy crafting

Mary

Island Link - Balta


No comments:

Post a Comment