Wednesday 2 July 2014

Fox and the Grapes - Day 1

This year I am not taking part in the fun and games of Camp Loopy on Ravelry so I have decided to embark on a challenge of my own. I am going to attempt to knit a shawl of epic proportions to snuggle up in on the chilly winter nights we have here in Scotland. I am a big girl and I want something I can wrap up in so I have gone ahead and chosen a pattern by one of my favourite designers and I have purchased over 2000 yards of fingering weight yarn to complete the project. I have decided to do the largest size and am now faced with a cast on of over 800 stitches. Mind you, although it may be slow going at the start as the rows get shorter it will speed up.

The  pattern I have chosen is Fox and the Grapes by designer Lilygo. I have knitted many of this designer's patterns and always love the end result.
I shall be using Knit Picks Palette yarn in the shade Regal and ChiaGoo circular needle size 3.5mm.
Each journey begins with the first step so, here goes.........



Stay safe and happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment