Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sock it to Me

I have been working mostly on larger projects recently, trying to finish some of my huge pile of WIP's. My sock needles had been sadly put to one side whilst I tried to get on. However all that is history now due to seeing a finished pair in one of the groups I follow on Ravelry. The Ripplescrafts group has a great bunch of folk all sharing their projects and one of the ladies happened to show off a finished pair of socks. I was immediately drawn to the pattern and was delighted to discover it was free. It was duly downloaded and I was itching to start. Oh the dilemma, did I carry on with my resolve to reduce the pile in the WIP basket or did I cast on some socks? Well the socks won out.
The first sock was cast on, rib quickly finished and on to the leg pattern. After the first few rows I can tell you I was hooked. I am sure from now on this will become my go to sock pattern. An easy two row repeat with great results which will work with solid, semi-solid or variegated yarn. Along with the Fish Lips Kiss Heel I have an inkling I have found my perfect sock.
It has all the elements I need for men or women. It can be magic-looped (my preferred method), knit cuff down or toe-up and is perfect for TV or travel knitting. I am a truly happy bunny. The first pair will be for himself. He has been poorly lately with a dreadful stomach bug which has been doing the rounds.
Mind you, not to be outdone I have also cast on a toe-up version for myself. I will work on each in turn to keep the interest alive by having the different colours to work on. And this pattern is, I hear you ask? It is Jeck by Regina Satta.

Have you a favourite go to sock pattern? If so please feel free to share it in comments so I can have a look and maybe you will even change my mind.

Stay safe and happy crafting

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment