Tuesday 1 October 2013

Making Me Happy

Sometimes it is the little things in life which make you happy. This week it has been a heel! Yes you read that correctly, a heel.
Let me explain.
I love hand knitted socks. They feel great on my feet and the variety of gorgeous sock yarns take my breath away. There are so many wonderful patterns out there too. What has always held me back though is I hate knitting the heel. Yes I love the magic of the heel turn, but it is the picking up of the stitches along the heel flap which leaves me feeling meh! I never seem to get it right. Too many here, not enough there little gaps and holes.
Well good people no more of that for me. My world of socks has been well and truly opened up. May I present to you the technique which has forever changed my sock knitting life.................
The Fish Lips Kiss Heel
I cannot tell you how wonderfully simple this is. You really really must check it out for yourselves.

Here is a couple of pics of the socks I am currently working on using this heel




Truly this has been my salvation and all for the princely sum of 64p, (or $1). You cannot say fairer than that.
Off I go to finish the pair.......

Stay safe and happy crafting

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment