Sunday 8 January 2012

Diary of a Knitter - Jan 8th

One Week In

So here we are one full week into 2012. I have lost one further skein of yarn weight, but I had to rip back one of my projects and start again. The shawl for my friend Sylvia's grandchild had a yarn join with which I just wasn't happy. It was near the start and very visible so I took the decision to start over. I will certainly take much more care next time. This will certainly slow down my diet progress, but I will be so much happier with the end result.
One project which is going well is the shawl I am knitting for my friend Yvonne. It is growing quickly now that the rows are much shorter.

 I have also started adding beads to it in place of the fiddly nupps which the original pattern calls for. The first beads I used were so tiny that I fear they will be lost in the overall pattern, but I got some more bigger ones which I added in the next area and I am much happier with the look.

The first of my mystery KAL's will begin tomorrow and I am excited to see the first clue and to get started. It will be such fun to watch the shawl grow and see the pattern emerge. I have a long distance knitting buddy for this project. My awesome kayaking friend Laurie in Canada and I will be cheering each other along every step of the way.

I have also taken on a Pay it Forward challenge for 2012. This is where you make something for the first 5 people who reply to your post, in this case it was on Facebook. They in turn offer you the chance to reply to them and you get a handmade good in return. I have until the end of 2012 to make my 5 things, so plenty time and it gives me a plan for the year. Spreading the love of crafting around the world.

Talking of plans, this year I think I will try to complete one shawl every month, or 12 in 12. As I already have 3 on the needles I hope I can manage this challenge to myself. This will be alongside all my other projects. Hey I love to knit.

Stay safe and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment