Monday 2 January 2012

Diary of a Knitter - Jan 2nd

Start Weight - 485
Weight Lost - 1
Weight Gained - 3
Balance - 487

Happy New Year

So here we are in 2012. Time for resolutions for some, time for reviews for others. For me a time to take a look forward to what new things I might want to try in this coming 12 months.
2011 ended for me with a lovely yarnie surprise which didn't do the yarn diet much good. A few days before Christmas I decided that I wanted to see just what all the fuss was about by ordering a couple of skeins of Madelinetosh yarn. So I ordered 2 skeins of Tosh Merino light to give it a bash. I chose a sweet pale purple colourway and then promptly forgot all about my order. So you can imagine my delight when on Hogmanay morning the postie arrived with a parcel from the USA. Upon opening this parcel I discovered not only the lovely yarn I had ordered, but also all this,

A wonderful surprise!!

Yes, I have officially become a Loopy Groupie. Apparently this was my 6th order from The Loopy Ewe and I qualified for this lovely welcome pack of a clear tote bag, calender, sock pattern, sweeties and a surprise skein of yarn (Dream in Colour Everlasting sock in Henna). 
Wow I sure ended 2011 with a bang. 
The yarn I ordered was just lovely too. 

La Vie en Rose

You too can check out all the lovely yarns The Loopy Ewe has to offer by clicking the button on the right.

So moving into 2012. I still have lots on the needles to keep me going, but I have been tempted and have signed up for 2 mystery shawl Knit Alongs. This is where clues are sent out on approximately a weekly basis and the pattern emerges in stages. A bit like a treasure hunt. 
So I have one by designer Susanna IC beginning sometime this month for which I will be using this combination of yarn & beads,

Mulberry Delight and Lilac beads.

And a second one beginning in February for which I will show you the yarn nearer the time.

I also plan to learn to knit socks this year. I have promised my friend Gillian that we will learn together, so now I have told you I will have to do it.

I wish you all happy crafting in 2012. Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment