Tuesday 14 June 2011

44 Not Out!!

Oh heck, I'm now the grand old age of 44! Now that will mean nothing to most people, it is afterall just a number and I really do think that no matter what age you are, it is how you live that keeps you young. So why is 44 important to me? Well I have done quite a bit of research into my maternal grandmother's family tree and not 44 but 88 is the overwhelming age of mortality for the female side. Should that come true for me, that would mean that here I am at the halfway stage in my life. So are my best years past? Is it all downhill now? Not one bit!! I may have been having my ups & downs lately, but I am a fighter and I will be back and stronger. If this is my second half then world watch out here I come!!!

On the needles right now I have a few projects, a jumper for DH, a secret project for a swapee, (my first swap and I am so excited), a Clapotis scarf for myself and the wonderful Girasole shawl. I have made great progress with this charted project and am now up to chart E. There are 640 stitches on the needle and each row takes over 30mins. But boy is it fun to see the patterns emerge. I am a fan of stitch markers anyways, but they along with lifelines are fast becoming my new best friends.

Lifelines clearly visible and necessary
When knitting lace never underestimate the use of tools to keep you sane!! I am having such a good time with this project that I must admit the others are taking a bit if a back seat. Oh well their time will come soon. Now move over blog, my knitting is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment